Water Damage Restoration Services
Water Damage Restoration & Cleanup Services
Do you need Water Damage Restoration Services?
When you need Water Damage Restoration Services, Contact Restoration 1 of Manhattan for the most reliable service.
Certified Property Restoration Experts
Water damage can ruin your home or business in no time. It damages carpeting, warps wood, shrinks leather, and depending on the water source, can be a health hazard causing serious illness or even death. Water damage, if not properly cleaned up, will quickly lead to mold growth. You need to have the water damage cleaned up immediately to prevent extensive damage.
At Restoration 1, our team members are highly trained and are certified by the IICRC – the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. Our qualified restoration experts have the ability to determine the damage and make educated assessments of the remediation services you require. We follow all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
How to Mitigate Water Damage
After a water disaster that results in flooding, such as after a storm or burst pipes, extensive water damage is a real threat. Contact us to prevent, mitigate or repair any damages. Here are some DIY tips for mitigating water damage while waiting for our team to arrive:
- Turn on fans/air conditioners if you can, and if not, open windows to start air circulation.
- Hang curtains, rugs, upholstery, and cushions to dry in an airy space.
- Gather dry loose items from floors, tables, and walls, and store them in a dry place
- Remove as much water as you can using mops or wet vacuums.
- Wipe down wooden furniture to dry it as best as possible.
- Put waterproof barriers between your furniture legs and the wet floor or carpet, such as plastic or aluminum foil.
How Restoration 1 Will Help
When our team arrives, our water damage trained specialists will start the mitigating process to address all potential consequences and repercussions. Our professionals know where to look for water damage as well as fix the damage.
- We use industrial fans, wet vacuums, and pumps to dry all indoor surfaces including carpets.
- Carpeting will be pulled up and salvaged if possible.
- Restoration of personal belongings, (art, books, furniture, etc.) will be done if possible.
- Dehumidify and clean all affected areas to prevent the growth of mold.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
When our team arrives, we will address the more serious water removal tasks. Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Providing a complete inspection looking for the source of the water intrusion, followed by analyzing the damage using moisture detection tools and finding hidden damage. We then discuss the findings and recommendations.
- Mitigating the damage by thoroughly cleaning and drying the area to prevent further damage.
- Controlling moisture intrusion by finding the source of the water damage and then correct it.
- Preventing the spread of contaminants by thoroughly cleaning and drying the affected areas as quickly as possible.
- Dehumidifying and ventilating the area to prevent mold growth and secondary water damage.
- Completing a final inspection of the property once the area has been cleaned, dried, and ventilated to make sure nothing was missed
- Repairing and restoring the property as needed to bring your home or business back to its pre-damaged condition.
We handle your property with the utmost care during every step of the process. Our crews do the best job possible to ensure that mold will not be a concern after restoration. We also restore your home to top-notch indoor air quality. Restoration 1 can handle all of your water damage restoration needs, from plumbing leaks to flooding.