Mold Damage Remediation Tips
Mold Damage Restoration Experts
As a homeowner, you’ll find yourself mentally preparing a list of concerns around the home. Mold is likely near the top. With over 300,000 mold species on the planet today, the chances of a colony winding up inside of your attic or bathroom cabinet are quite high. It just takes a bit of moisture, a little warmth and a food source — for example, wood, paper or cardboard. Dealing with mold is easier said than done. Store-bought mold products, while cheap, fail to satisfy the problem. They often exacerbate issues, causing the mold to uproot and find a new home elsewhere in your property. Here are some Mold Damage Remediation Tips:
What to Do About Mold in Your Home
You don’t want to touch mold or clean the growth yourself. Call an expert. There are some things you should do, however, including:
- Remain out of the affected area — evacuate everyone, including pets, from the scene.
- Shut off the HVAC system and any overhead fans.
- Repair plumbing leaks and water damage quickly.
- Contact your local Restoration 1 for 24-hour mold remediation and inspection services.
What Not to Do About Mold in Your Home
- Do not touch or disturb the mold in any way.
- Do not blow air across any surface with visible mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry or clean the area yourself.
- Do not paint or caulk mold surfaces.
- Do not use store-bought mold products, bleach or disinfectants on the mold colony.
Professional Mold Cleanup
Who handles your mold cleanup typically depends on a few factors. These include the size of the mold problem, any water damage and whether or not your HVAC system is contaminated.
When you discover mold in your home, fight the urge to whip out the rubber gloves and mop. Instead, call your local Restoration 1 for 24/7 mold remediation. We’ll send a team of IICRC-certified mold experts straight away!